We offer specialised paediatric occupational therapy (OT) services for children and their families.
Paediatric OT can assist in the development of the following skills:
- Gross motor skills – posture, balance, coordination
- Fine motor skills – hand / eye coordination
- Hand dominance & crossing midline
- Visual perceptual skills – visual memory, sequencing, letter reversals
- Handwriting – speed, fluency, legibility
- Cognitive skills – problem solving
- Attending and concentration
- Self-regulation and sensory processing
- Self-care skills – dressing, feeding, toileting
- Play skills – initiating play, engaging in play
- Social skills – turn taking, sharing, eye-contact
Our paediatric OT works with children with a variety of disorders or delays including:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Developmental delay
- Genetic conditions or syndromes
- Learning difficulties
- and physical disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Muscular Dystrophy.
Our specialist is a registered service provider of NDIS and FaHCSIA, and rebates may also be available through Medicare and Private Health Funds.